CompositionAccording to the Articles and Memorandum of Association of Zavarovalnica Triglav, the Supervisory Board of the Company has nine members, of whom six are representatives of the shareholders and three are representatives of employees.
Election and appointmentShareholder representatives are elected by the General Meeting of Shareholders and employee representatives by the Works Council of Zavarovalnica Triglav. Their appointment or recall is subject to the law and the Articles and Memorandum of Association. The Supervisory Board elects its Chairman and Vice Chairman from among its members representing shareholders.
Term of officeMembers of the Supervisory Board are given a four-year mandate and can be re-elected without limitation.
RecallThe General Meeting of Shareholders may recall a Supervisory Board member before the end of their term of office. To substitute for members deprived of their office, the General Meeting of Shareholders elects a new member with a term of office lasting until the end of the term of office of the Supervisory Board.
MeetingsIn accordance with the law and the provisions of the Rules of Procedure, the Supervisory Board shall have at least one meeting per quarter, or more if necessary.
CompetencesThe competences and decision-making rules of the Supervisory Board, its method and organisation of work and other issues relevant for its functioning are set out by law, the Articles and Memorandum of Association of Zavarovalnica Triglav and the Rules of Procedure of the Supervisory Board. Besides the competences set out in the Companies Act and the Insurance Act, the Supervisory Board gives consent to the decisions of the Management Board when the value or an investment exceeds the amount set out in the Rules of Procedure of the Supervisory Board, i.e. in the event of:
- founding limited companies in Slovenia and abroad;
- the acquisition or sale of stakes in foreign or domestic companies;
- the issue of debt securities and long-term borrowing from domestic or foreign banks; or
- the acquisition, sale of, or investment in investment property.
Composition of the Supervisory Board
Representatives of shareholders:
- Rajko Stanković,
- Mario Gobbo, D.Sc.,
- Dubravko Štimac,
- Gregor Kastelic,
- Matej Runjak,
- Matija Blažič
Representatives of employees:
- Branko Gorjan,
- Miran Krštinc,
- Peter Celar.
Supervisory Board started its four-year term of office on 12 June 2013.
CommitteesSupervisory Board committees prepare proposals for resolutions of the Supervisory Board, assure their implementation and carry out other professional tasks. The supervisory Board has three committees: the Audit Committee, the Compensation and Appointments Committee and the Strategy Committee.
Audit CommitteeThe duties and competences of the Audit Committee are set out in the Companies Act, the Rules of Procedure of the Supervisory Board and the Supervisory Board resolutions. They include:
- monitoring the financial reporting process;
- monitoring internal control systems, reports and recommendations of the Internal Audit Department;
- monitoring risk management systems and the mandatory audit of annual and consolidated accounting statements;
- proposing to the Supervisory Board the candidate for the auditor of the annual report of the Company;
- evaluation of the drawing up of the annual report, including drafting the proposal for the Supervisory Board; and
- help in identifying the most important audit areas.
Appointments and Compensation CommitteeThe duties and competences of the Appointments and Compensation Committee, set out in the Rules of Procedure of the Supervisory Board and the Supervisory Board resolutions, include:
- drawing up proposals for the Supervisory Board regarding the criteria for membership in the Management Board; and
- drawing up proposals regarding the policy for remuneration, compensation and other benefits of the Management Board members.