Following the storm that hit Slovenia on Wednesday evening, Zavarovalnica Triglav is encouraging policyholders to file claims remotely. Those affected can make a claim remotely on the Triglav.si website or via the Triglav asistenca mobile app, available as a free download from the Apple App Store and Google Play. They can also make use of the i.triglav digital advice centre and the free 24-hour telephone hotline (080 555 555). Of course, policyholders can always contact their insurance agent or their nearest Triglav office or regional unit for help in filing a claim.
On Wednesday evening, a severe storm hit Slovenia. Zavarovalnica Triglav encourages all policyholders who want to file an insurance claim to do so remotely. “By calling our toll-free hotline or by filing claims for damages over our online channels, customers will be able to avoid the long queues that usually accompany such events. Policyholders can file claims for damages to vehicles and property online or by telephone. After receiving the claim, we will advise customers on further steps in the claims resolution process and schedule a date for an assessment if necessary. Customers can also file their claim at the time that suits them best.” said Boris Kuhelj, head of the claims centre at Zavarovalnica Triglav.
Tips on filing a claim
Zavarovalnica Triglav also advises its customers to take the following steps when filing a claim:
• When damage occurs, policyholders should put their personal safety first.
• They should contact the insurance company before making any repairs.
• They should check their insurance policy coverage before submitting the claim.
• They should take photographs showing the damage as accurately as possible, as long as doing so is feasible and safe. If possible, they should keep the damaged items until they reach an agreement with the Zavarovalnica Triglav representative on the course to be taken to resolve their claim.
• When submitting a claim, they should provide as precise a description of the damaged items as possible, enclose any photographs, and add their telephone number and the bank account number to which the insurer can make the payment.
There is no need to rush to file a claim. Although the deadline for reporting damage is three days after its occurrence, Zavarovalnica Triglav also considers claims filed after this deadline in the case of extreme events.