The organisers of Triglav Run encourage all generations to a healthy and active lifestyle Everyone, from experienced runners to beginners, can take part in free training sessions in Ajdovščina, Celje, Koper, Ljubljana, Lucija, Maribor, Murska Sobota, Novo Mesto, Slovenj Gradec and Brdo pri Kranju. Runners and those who want to learn more about a healthy lifestyle can participate in a virtual discussion about the three pillars of health: nutrition, exercise and mental health.
As part of the Triglav Run project, free training sessions are organised in nine Slovenian towns. The sessions are led by experienced coaches and are open to sports enthusiasts of all ages and levels of experience. They are suitable just as for experienced runners as for those who have never run for recreation before. Runners can join the following sessions:
• in Ajdovščina, every Tuesday at 7 pm. The sessions are led by Lucija Krkoč. Runners meet at Športni Park Pale.
• in Brdo pri Kranju, every Thursday at 6 pm. The sessions are led by Klemen Dolenc. Runners meet in front of the Elegans Hotel.
• in Celje, every Tuesday at 6 pm. The sessions are led by Aljaž Igor Topole. Runners meet at the stadium by Gimnazija 1, Celje.
• in Koper, every Monday at 7 pm. The sessions are led by Niki Antolović. Runners meet by the children’s playground in the Bonifika Park.
• in Ljubljana, every Thursday at 7 pm. The sessions are led by Blaž Kavčič. Runners meet in the car park in front of Ljubljana Zoo.
• in Maribor, every Wednesday at 6.30 pm. The sessions are led by Borut Podgornik. Runners meet in the Studenci neighbourhood, in front of Srednja Lesarska in Gozdarska Šola Maribor.
• in Murska Sobota, every Wednesday at 7 pm. The sessions are led by Boris Kaučič. Runners meet at the stadium by Osnovna Šola 1.
• in Novo Mesto, every Monday at 6 pm. The sessions are led by Aleš Lindič. Runners meet at the Portovald Stadium.
• in Slovenj Gradec, every Tuesday at 7.15 pm. The sessions are led by Uroš Verhovnik. Runners meet at the Športni Center Vinko Cajnko.
Free training sessions will be held until 11 September. Runners can register for the training sessions at Triglavtek.si/sl/vadbe.
Virtual discussion about a healthy lifestyle
Running enthusiasts and those who want to learn more about a healthy lifestyle are welcome to join the “Pillars of Health” virtual discussion on 10 June. Clinical dietitian Sabina Hamberger, psychologist Klavdija Zver Zahwi and special population specialist Primož Kirn will discuss the three pillars of health and well-being: nutrition, exercise and mental health.
The event will be virtual. Recreational enthusiasts who wish to participate can register to receive the link at https://lab.triglav.si/dogodki/digitalni-posvet-stebri-zdravja.
Getting ready for the 9th Triglav Run
By participating in training sessions with experienced coaches and following the recommendations to strengthen a healthy lifestyle, recreational runners will be ready for the 9th Triglav Run. The organisers are optimistic, enthusiastic and hopeful that on 11 September, the Brdo Estate will once again host runners of all generations. At the Triglavtek.si website, runners can already register for the following five runs: a half-marathon, a 10 km run, a 3.4 km relay run, a 3.4 km family run and the “Kuža Pazi” children's run over 350 and 700 metres.
Running enthusiasts can check the difficulty of each run on the website, choose their route and apply for the 9th Triglav Run until 3 September 2021.